Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10), ART (UTC -3), UTC -4, UTC -4:30, UTC -3, UTC -2, SBT (UTC +11), GMT (UTC +0), MSK (UTC +3), CEST (UTC +2), BST (UTC +1), JST (UTC +9), CST (UTC +8), WIB (UTC +7), MMT (UTC +6:30), BST (UTC +6), NPT (UTC +5:45), IST (UTC +5:30), UZT (UTC +5), IRDT (UTC +4:30), GST (UTC +4)
Circle is building the all-in-one community platform for creators and brands: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy to bring your people, discussions, live streams, events and payments together — all in one place, all under your own brand.
In November 2021, Circle raised 25M series A to accelerate the way creators and brands interact with their customers, their partners, their community.
About the role
We're looking for a full-stack Lead Software Engineer (Rails/React) to join our Internal Tools team. At Circle, our Internal Tools team is responsible for building essential infrastructure and tooling for all internal use cases that enable our teams to help customers faster and more efficiently - this includes standing up and improving world-class open source systems as well as creating custom solutions when needed.
This is a 100% remote role. We're now a fully remote team of 88 (and growing!) based in the U.S., Colombia, Portugal, India, Argentina, Slovenia, and other countries. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. and European time zones.
- Define and work on Circle’s internal tools focused roadmap
- Ship often and ship with care
- Improve the quality of our codebase and identify architectural deficiencies in your product area
- Engage in considerate, but robust, PR reviews with Circle's engineers
- Lead and mentor the internal tools engineering team
- Work closely with Circle's co-founders and designers throughout the feature spec + design process
Who we're looking for
- Significant experience working with Ruby on Rails and general familiarity with React
- Experience working with complex user interfaces and API design
- Strong judgement and attention to detail when it comes to architectural, product, design, and process decisions. Your judgement should inspire a high level of trust within the team.
- A desire to work in an environment which values speed of iteration and individual autonomy
- (Ideal) 1-2 years of experience working on internal tools and / or using tools like Retool
The fun stuff!
Fully remote -work from anywhere!
Autonomy and trust to do your job -it's about what you get done, not when you appear online.
Awesome medical coverage -100% coverage for you and your family!*
Generous time off.
Home office stipend to get setup how you want.
Twice yearly destination company gatherings that include a +1.
And more...We're adding and updating benefits and perks all the time to try to make sure we are valuing and rewarding our people.
*Type of employment, location and unique circumstance may effect this.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Circle is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented individuals and creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their best and authentic selves to work.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, whether it be alternate forms of material, accessible meeting rooms, etc., please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.