Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10), AST (UTC -4), NST (UTC -3:30)
My name’s Kathryn and I’m part of the Praxis Continuing Education and Training Team.
Praxis is the premier provider of continuing education for clinical professionals, offering on-demand, live-online and in-person courses.
Check us out: praxiscet.com
We’re looking for a second developer to join our team. You would be working alongside our Senior Developer on maintaining and building new features for our online course platform, our e-commerce plugin, and our lead generation websites, all built with WordPress. You will be needed for the following…
- Performing scheduled and not scheduled maintenance and security updates on our WordPress sites
- Contributing to our QA procedure for all things related to our websites
- Helping the rest of the team who work on our site solve their day to day operational issues
- Maintaining and expanding with new features our custom theme and plugins
- Developing and maintaining integrations with various third-party APIs
We’re a remote company so you’d have the freedom to work from anywhere in the US. The position will start at 10-15 hours per week with the potential to grow. Pay will be set at a competitive hourly rate, fixed.
Our ideal Junior WordPress Developer is someone who has at least two years of WordPress web development experience and who enjoys working on their own projects and alongside others as part of a team.
You will become an integral member of our small team at Praxis Continuing Education and Training, and be part of creating top-notch online courses in the mental health space.
The position is right for you if…
- You completely understand how WordPress works at the code level. You have built your own custom themes/plugins and you know how to extend WordPress core. Having experience with any of the following is a plus: Astra Theme, WooCommerce, LearnDash, Beaver Builder, Event Espresso.
- You understand how REST APIs work and you are comfortable consuming RESTful web services, either via the client (AJAX) or the server (PHP).
- You like finding smart and elegant solutions to coding problems, in line with WordPress coding and security best practices. Your code is clean, understandable, and well commented.
- You are competent with version control systems (Git). Having experience with modern web development workflows and tools (Yarn, Gulp, Sass) is a plus.
You need to…
- Like a big workload and be comfortable working quickly
- Welcome revisions and embrace our perfectionist tendencies
- Be a clear and capable communicator. Great English and attention to detail are essential.
- Be someone we love working with!
Nearly all of our communication is written (we use Basecamp 3 and are big fans of it), but we’d like you to be comfortable getting on the occasional call too.
The position will start at around 10 –15 hours per week with the potential to grow, and pay will be set at a fair hourly rate.
We are a remote company, so you can be based anywhere in the United States to apply, however you will need to be available for some calls with the team in Europe, so being available in the mornings will be an advantage.
To apply... Write to email@example.com with ONE example of a responsive page you have coded, along with a brief pitch on why you think you’d be a great fit.
Do not send more than one link or your entry will be disqualified.
If you don’t have much professional experience, that’s absolutely fine – applicants from all backgrounds are welcome to apply. And indeed, we pride ourselves on nurturing those with “atypical” backgrounds, who at other companies may never be given a shot.
Please do not include a CV – all that matters is whether you can do it.
There’s no deadline for getting back, but the sooner you do, the better chance you’ll have.
We won’t be able to get back to everyone, but those whose notes stand out will be invited to take part in the next phase.
No agencies, please. We’re looking for an individual we can help grow and nurture in their career.
Thanks for reading, and I look forward to hearing from you.