What are we all about?
We are a team of builders and researchers on a mission to empower enterprises and developers worldwide to access and build on decentralized systems.
Our expertise covers several domains: Ethereum and Starknet protocol engineering, layer-2, cryptography research, protocol research, decentralized finance (DeFi), security auditing, formal verification, real-time monitoring, smart contract development, and dapps and enterprise engineering.
Working to solve some of the most challenging problems in the blockchain space, we frequently collaborate with, such as Ethereum Foundation, Starknet Foundation, Gnosis Chain, Flashbots, Forta Protocol, Lido, EigenLayer, Open Zeppelin, RISCZero, Aleph Zero, and many more.
Today, there are nearly 200 of us working remotely from over 45+ countries.
View all our open positions here: https://www.nethermind.io/open-roles
Location / Timezone:
The location is flexible however this position requires the candidate to work within the GMT-3 time zone, with a standard work schedule from
- 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM in GMT-3 time zone.
- Equivalently, 12:30 PM to 8:30 PM in the UTC time zone.
Flexibility is available, allowing for a shift start time 1-2 hours earlier or later. Additionally, the role involves participating in an on-call rotation during weekends.
Are you the one?
We are seeking a DevOps Lead with exceptional skills and experience to guide our team in building and managing a robust SaaS product capable of handling over 500 million requests daily. The ideal candidate will not only lead the technical direction and a team of senior DevOps engineers but also establish on-call processes and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices. This role involves close collaboration with project management to ensure seamless delivery and high operational standards.
- Guide and mentor a team of senior DevOps engineers. Establish and enforce technical standards and best practices.
- Work closely with the project manager, providing frequent updates and ensuring alignment between DevOps activities and project objectives.
- Oversee our cloud infrastructure, primarily on GCP and GKE, along with AWS services.
- Implement and maintain automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines, Terraform, ArgoCD) for operational efficiency.
- Spearhead initiatives in blockchain technology, focusing on RPC protocols and support to its applications.
- Develop and implement robust on-call processes and SRE practices to ensure high system availability and reliability.
- Continuously monitor system performance, address incidents, and proactively tackle potential issues.
- Optimize resource utilization for cost-effective operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years in DevOps, with proven technical leadership.
- Experience in managing high-volume systems is essential.
- Proficiency in cloud technologies, especially Networking within VPC, GCP, GKE, and AWS.
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform).
- Expertise in CI/CD practices, preferably with ArgoCD experience.
- Solid understanding and experience with blockchain technologies, particularly RPC protocols.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to mentor and lead a team of senior professionals.
- Excellent communication skills for effective collaboration with cross-functional teams.
Nice to have:
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with software development practices and agile methodologies.
- Participation in weekend on-call duties is required. This role includes additional incentives for on-call support provided during weekends.
Your consent to share personal information is entirely voluntary, and you may withdraw your consent at any time. Should you have any questions about this process, or wish to withdraw your consent please contact: [email protected]
Keep up to date on what we are working on by following us on
our social channels