Data Scientist – Marketing
San Francisco, CA • New York, NY • Seattle, WA • United States
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, design and build better products — from start to finish. Whether it’s consolidating tools, simplifying workflows, or collaborating across teams and time zones, Figma makes the design process faster, more efficient, and fun while keeping everyone on the same page. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We are looking for a Data Scientist to partner with our Marketing teams to accelerate growth at Figma. In this role, you will be responsible for building models to optimize our marketing efforts, uncovering insights to guide new strategies, and collaborating with a variety of cross functional peers to help leverage data throughout the organization. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of executing analytical projects as well as partnering closely with business peers to guide decision making.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Develop and maintain datasets, KPIs, and reporting tools for the entire Marketing organization
- Craft and maintain data infrastructure with the Data Engineering team by translating business requirements from business partners to data models that will enable reporting, dashboards, and segmentation; responsible for data integrity
- Perform impact analysis and modeling for a variety of different marketing initiatives and projects
- Evaluate and size the projected impact of new marketing strategies and how they connect to broader company goals
- Collaborate with marketing cross-functional partners to integrate data-driven insights into marketing strategies and decision-making processes
Teams we’re currently hiring for:
- Build out reporting and real-time analysis at appropriate granularity to make sure paid marketing budget is spent responsibly and make enable day-to-day optimization decisions
- Partner closely with stakeholders to more accurately measure channel incrementality and take into account more complex customer journeys
- Collaborate on data segmentation and optimization strategies to improve audience targeting and advertising effectiveness
- Support ad hoc strategic analysis to provide recommendations that drive increase return on spend
- Mentor and provide guidance to other junior data scientists within the team
- Own the logic, maintenance, reporting, and analysis of our Sales-Assisted Marketing attribution model, enabling deep understanding of channel and campaign performance
- Investigate and implement various attribution frameworks, including multi-touch attribution
- Oversee and improve data reporting to enable real-time, data-driven decision making across multiple teams
- Generate action-oriented insights and business recommendations
- Experience building data pipelines and understanding of Salesforce objects required
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years relevant work experience supporting a Marketing or similar function
- Fluency in SQL
- Proficiency in Python, R or similar scripting language
- Experience in distributed data processing systems (Hive, Redshift, Presto, Snowflake, etc)
- Prior experience in applying statistical methods to experiment design
- A proven track record of excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills on short and long term projects
- Experience communicating and working across functions to proactively drive solutions
Read more about our team:
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future. You may view our Pay Transparency Policy by clicking on the corresponding link.
Annual Base Salary Range (SF/NY Hub):
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace – we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, veteran status
or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation, please reach out to [email protected].